mths1957 Forum Index mths1957
MTHS Class of 1957 Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ivan and Johnny Zielinski

Post new topic   Reply to topic    mths1957 Forum Index -> Class of '57 Bulletin Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calgbest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Ivan and Johnny Zielinski Reply with quote

This is a message posted on classmates by Johnny's sister Dolores regarding the Pensacola area where Johnny lives.

Those are the places that they get you from the air.That happened to Bill in Vegas awhile back.Helicopter.....
Lucy and Johnny did not leave Pensacola.Now they cannot get out.The hurricane and two tornado's went thru their area in their neighborhood.They had a 150 year old oak tree that split in six sections.Luckily for them , or the whole front of the house would have gone if not for the tree.They are in total disaster right now.Barn roof is gone,luckily they didn't have any horses this summer.Half of the roof is gone from the house.Fences,trees etc. gone.They did board up the house.Phone has been on and off, so I've been able to talk with them.But not this afternoon.They are on 24 hr. curfew, no one can leave their home, but they are all packed and ready to leave for Dallas asap.They will not have electricity for 6 weeks and no water for 3 weeks.All six bridges are closed and three of them need repairs.You've probably seen on TV how bad it really is.They wanted to get out to see the damage of the neighborhood and city and I told them not to do that yet.They don't need to see it.They don't have electricity so cannot see on TV what is going on....only a small portable radio to hear what is going on.They are too frantic and upset now to see any of that.Johnny has transformer to keep frig cold, but that's taking gas from the cars....If it were only a hurricane things would not have been so bad,although it was a really bad one!!The tornado's are what did most of the damage.It leveled the whole beach area.So again they were lucky.So pray for them.I will let you know more....

calgbest@comcast.net

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
calgbest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ivan and Johnny Zielinski Reply with quote

Hi Cal, things are better in Pensacola today.Believe it or not they have electricity.They are one of the few on thier street that do.Will be more tomorrow and days to follow.They had neighbors in to cool off..Army came by today to tell them they have a tarp and will put it on their roof for them tomorrow.Johnny got to doctor with knee today and will go to orthopedic surgeon on Monday.Gave him different kind of brace till then.He said it feels better.I'm sure he can have the new laser surgery.
They were so touched by the offer from all of you to help them.I know it perked up their spirit a lot.We got talking about the reunion (57') etc.Johnny got his yearbook out and then I told them to go on mths1957.com on their pc to see reunion pix and archive etc.They were much more lighthearted when I hung up and left them to their 'schooldays'....when life was so simple.....
They said the Salvation Army, FEMA and Red Cross were great.And if anyone wants to donate to any of those,that would be nice.
They even had people come down from Canada to help with the power and the water.
Thanks again.
Dee

calgbest@comcast.net

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
calgbest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Dennis and Johnny Zielinski Reply with quote

Just wanted to let everyone know that Johnny and Lucy closed on the sale of the house in Pensacola on Thursday and have relocated to Texas. Dennis hit the house again, but the new owner is not unhappy. It seems her father built the house originally as well as the two adjacent houses and her sisters live in the other so now all live in houses built by their father.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mths1957 Forum Index -> Class of '57 Bulletin Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: